The Trainer-C Breitensport is responsible for the manifold requirements of athletics as a popular sport. Every participant can obtain the Trainer-C license through two courses with 45 learning units each as well as a two-day examination course.
In addition to important voluntary service content, the training includes all aspects of athletics for the general public (training theory, athletics as a competitive sport, fitness and health sports, the disciplines of athletics, ...). The necessary skills for the implementation of a broad-based athletic training for target groups of all ages and different motivations are imparted.
- Training planning and organisation
- Theory of movement as basic motor training (general athletics) and specifically in the athletic disciplines (sprint, jump, throwing and running)
- pedagogical and didactical training theory - competencies of a trainer
- important aspects of sports society on various topics (e.g. doping, inclusion, protection against sexualised violence in sport, ...)
- perceive and apply group dynamic processes (playful athletics and forms of competition)
- Training adaptation to specific target groups (age-appropriate training)
Conditions for obtaining a licence:
- Passing the examination (short course trial & oral examination)
- Development of a written term paper
- Recognition of the "code of honour for trainers".
- Current first aid certificate (9 LE, not older than two years)
- This is not offered by the NLV and has to be organised independently.