Possible places of employment in sport are sports clubs, sports facilities, sports organisations and educational institutions that regularly organise games, sports and leisure activities for children and young people or provide other care services for this target group. Other areas of activity are sport and organisation, sport and competition, sports rooms, sport and the elderly and sport with disabled people.
It is also possible for schools, day-care centres and public welfare institutions (e.g. support associations) to have themselves recognised as volunteer service in sport.
Do you also have a tax number (e.g. clubs/ independent school authorities) or are you a school assigned to a state school authority?
Then you meet all the requirements to be recognized as a volunteer placement!
- Supervision and support of the volunteers by full-time or volunteer staff
- Grant of at least 26 days annual leave and leave of absence for 25 seminar days per year (for 12 months)
- Reimbursement of the monthly instalment to the institution (see financing)
- Certificate creation in agreement with the institution
- Mediation and advice
- General organisation and administration
- Pedagogical support
- Organization and implementation of seminars
- Payment of pocket money
- payment of social security contributions
The FWD in sport in Lower Saxony costs 430 euros per month for places of assignment from organized sport (sports clubs and associations or the city sports federation (SSB) and district sports federation (KSB)). For all other centres (schools, day-care centres, municipalities, etc.) the monthly costs are 580 euros. This includes 19 % value added tax.
Schools can finance the monthly costs of the outreach centre through the responsible state school authority. The school must have the deployment of volunteers approved by its state school authority before the start of the service.
Procedure for recognition as a new site
Due to the system in Lower Saxony, it is necessary that the places of employment can be recognised in the Voluntary Social Year and in the Federal Voluntary Service.
- Print out FSJ application for recognition as an assignment centre
- Fill in the application form completely
- Don't forget your tax number/state education authority and job description!
- Send signed and stamped to ASC Göttingen von 1846 e.V.
If there are no further questions, you will receive a confirmation from us after a few days as an assignment in the FSJ im Sport and a pre-filled application for recognition for the BFD.
- Fill in the BFD application, sign and stamp it and send it back to the ASC Göttingen von 1846 e.V.
- Clubs must enclose an exemption certificate from the tax office and a statute
- Cooperation and non-use in an economic business operation must be named and confirmed
The recognition in the BFD by the Federal Office for Family and Civil Society Affairs (BAFzA) takes about 6 weeks. Afterwards, the place of assignment receives confirmation from the BAFzA.