The FWD in Sport, i.e. the Voluntary Social Year (FSJ) in Sport and the Federal Voluntary Service (BFD) in Sport, is offered to all people interested in sports who want to volunteer in certain areas of sport in Lower Saxony. The FWD im Sport is coordinated and carried out by the ASC Göttingen von 1846 e.V. in cooperation with the Sportjugend Niedersachsen.
- after school you do not yet know which education or profession you want to take up
- are interested in sports and would like to look after children and young people
- want to do something practical after school that you enjoy
- would like to make good use of the waiting time for a training place or study place
- want to gain new experiences and get to know your own abilities and limits
...why don't you do volunteer work in sports!
FWD im Sport offers you the opportunity to work actively with children and young people using the medium of sport. It offers the free acquisition of qualifications in the field of sport, e.g. youth leader or trainer license. It gives you the opportunity to become involved in long-term voluntary work in sports beyond the FWD.
What the voluntary service offers volunteers
- Volunteering in various areas of sport
- Development of own abilities and skills (through seminars)
- in the case of a 12-month voluntary service, 25 seminar days, the content of which is based on the different profiles and, if the volunteer is successful, e.g. a general trainer C-licence is issued
- Obtaining a trainer-C, club manager-C or professional licence (see types of licence)
- at least 26 days of leave for a 12-month voluntary service
- a monthly pocket money of up to 300 euros (at 39 hours a week)
- Social security contributions are covered
- Continued payment of child benefit in case of entitlement to child benefit
- Possibility of crediting as a waiting semester at universities and colleges
- a certificate after successful completion of the FWD
Who can do voluntary service?
People of all ages from the completion of full-time compulsory schooling (usually 16 years) to old age can do voluntary service. The duration is flexible between 6 and 18 months, it is usually 12 months.
Where can you do an FWD in sports?
Voluntary service in sport can be carried out in sports clubs and other institutions of public interest with a sports/movement orientation throughout Lower Saxony, provided that they are a recognised FSJ/BFD placement office and also organise regular and comprehensive games, sports, leisure and care services in the field of sport and interdisciplinary child and youth work. These are, for example, sports clubs and sports associations, youth leisure facilities, schools, sports schools, sports education facilities, kindergartens and youth facilities.